The below is meant to be a guide, to help you get the products we recommend and use to hunt the trout eaters. Each product we recommend is hyperlinked to Tackle Warehouse. We are a proud Tackle Warehouse Affiliate Partner, and anytime you click thru one of our links to land on the TW site, and just go shopping and checkout, you are helping our cause.
Swimbaits for Trout Eaters:
- 8″ Huddleston Deluxe Rainbow Trout
- 7-9-12″ MS Slammer (White, Dark, and Light Rainbow recommended)
- 8-10″ Triple Trout (Blue or Purple Trout recommended)
***Check out SSB Customs, the southernswimbait.com webstore where you can buy custom rigged Huddleston Trout and special color Triple Trouts***
Components to Rig a Huddleston Swimbait:
Watch our video on how to rig a Huddleston Deluxe Rainbow Trout with the Southern Trout Eaters Rig HERE.
- Double Barrel Crimps Size 1.0B
- 80# Mono for Harness
- #5 Owner Hyper Wire Split Ring
- Owner ST-66 Treble Hooks (Size 2 upfront, and Size 4 for rear stinger)
- Owner Hyper Wire Split Rings (#5s on Huddlestons and 7″ Triple Trout, #6s on 8/10″ Triple Trout, #7s on MS Slammers)
- Owner ST-36 Stinger Treble Hooks (anytime you need a 1/0 or bigger hook, go with the ST-36)
- Spare Set of Triple Trout Tails (L are for the 10″ Triple Trout, M are for the 7-8″ Triple Trout)
Rods (8″ Huddlestons, 9-12″ MS Slammers, 10″ Triple Trouts)